Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies ...... Warning, Extremely Delicious!
150g Soft unsalted butter
152g Soft light brown sugar
100g Caster sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Free Range Egg
1 Egg yolk
300g Plain flour
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
326g Milk Choc Chip
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and let it cool. Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
2. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy.
3. Slowly mix in the flour and bicarbonate of soda until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop the cookie dough into a round ice-cream scoop or a large dollop on a dessert spoon and drop onto the prepared baking sheet, plopping the cookies down about 8cm/3 inches apart.
5. Bake for 15–17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.