· 250g Unsalted Butter (softened)
· 250g Golden Caster Sugar
· 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
· ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
· 500g Plain Flour
· 1 Tsp Baking Powder
· Halloween-themed biscuit cutters
· Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, preferably using an electric mixer, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. (If the mixture looks a little curdled, add a spoonful of the flour.)
· Sift together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Stir the flour into the butter mixture and work into a dough using floured hands. Turn onto a floured work surface and knead into a ball (the dough will be quite wet). Divide the dough into two portions, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
· Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
· Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm/¼in thickness on lightly floured work surface. (It’s best to roll out one portion of the dough at a time, leaving the remainder in the fridge.) Cut shapes out with the Halloween cutters.
· Place the cookies onto the baking tray, leaving a gap between them in case they spread a little.
· Bake for 12-15 minutes, leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
You can always add some spooky Halloween icing to your biscuits or dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder.
Shop our range of biscuit bite treats including Belgian Chocolate Shortbread, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolaty Flapjack, All Butter Flapjack, Fruity Flapjack and Very Oaty Biscuits, not just for Halloween but scarily good all year round!