Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
Happy Halloween! We though it’s the perfect time to share this delicious Pumpkin Cupcake recipe. No tricks here, just delicious treats.
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g coarsely grated pumpkin or butternut squash flesh
- 100g sultanas
- Grated zest 1 orange
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the Icing Topping
- 200g tub full-fat cream cheese
- 85g icing sugar
- Toasted chopped pecans to decorate (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Pour the oil into a large bowl and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat together, then add the grated pumpkin, sultanas and orange zest.
- Stir in the cinnamon, flour and bicarbonate of soda, the mixture will be quite wet. Spoon into the cases.
- Bake for 25 mins until firm and springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. At this stage you can freeze the cakes for 4 months.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth then spread on top of the cupcakes.
- Leave plain or decorate with toasted pecans. Store in the fridge but return to room temperature to serve for the best flavour and texture.
We love cupcakes as much as we love to bake them! You can choose from a selection of our delicious flavours: Chocolate & Orange, Chocolate Ecstasy, Lemon Meringue and Raspberry & White Chocolate. Psst! They’re all available for delivery direct to your door.