Dad is guaranteed to go nuts for this delicious cake. Soft chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with a creamy peanut butter frosting and caramel.
For the Cake:
Butter (for greasing cake tins)
150ml Sunflower Oil
5 Tbsp Marmalade
175g Dark Muscovado Sugar
225g Self-Raising Flour
2Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
For the Buttercream:
140g Unsalted Butter
280g Icing Sugar
3 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
25 ml Whole Milk
For the Decoration:
200g Milk Chocolate
400g Caramel Dulce De Leche
- Preheat the oven to 170oc. Grease and line two 8” round sandwich cake tins.
- Beat together the oil, yoghurt, marmalade, sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the cake mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in the tins for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool down.
- To make the buttercream, beat together the icing sugar, softened butter, peanut butter and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Spread part of the dulce de leche caramel on to one of the chocolate sponges then top with some of the buttercream. Sandwich the other sponge on top and then spread the remaining buttercream and dulce de leche over the top of the cake.
- Melt the milk chocolate for the decoration and spread over the top, allow to cool for a further 5 minutes and then decorate with chocolate curls.
Happy Father's Day! Celebrate and Eat Cake.....