Feeling festive? We are! To share our Christmas spirit, we are posting this delicious classic mince pie recipe. Perfect to serve at Christmas or to include in a Christmas gift hamper.
- 1 large jar mincemeat (about 600g)
- 2 satsumas, (segmented)
- 1 apple, (finely chopped)
- 1 lemon zest
- Icing sugar, (for dusting)
For the pastry
- 375g plain flour
- 260g unsalted butter, (softened)
- 125g caster sugar, (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1 large egg, (plus 1 beaten egg for glazing)
- Place 375g plain flour and 260g softened unsalted butter in a bowl and rub together to a crumb consistency.
- Add 125g caster sugar and 1 large beaten egg and mix together.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and fold until the pastry comes together, be careful not to over mix.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill for 10 mins.
- Scoop the large jar of mincemeat into a bowl and add 2 segmented satsumas, 1 finely chopped apple and zest of 1 lemon.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry to 3mm thick.
- Using a round cutter (about 10cm), cut out 16 bases and place them into muffin trays. Put 1½ tbsp mincemeat mixture into each. Brush the edge of each pie with a little beaten egg.
- Re-roll out the pastry to cut 7cm lids and press them on top to seal. Glaze with the beaten egg, sprinkle with the extra caster sugar, then make a small cut in the tops.
- Bake the mince pies for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool before releasing them from the muffin trays and dusting with a little more icing sugar before serving.
For a fabulous festive Christmas treat hamper look no further. Our decadent Treat Boxes include a selection of 25 delicious vegetarian friendly and indulgent products including muffins, flapjacks, chocolate cake slices, cupcakes and biscuit bites. It can be a perfect gift to share or send. Check out our Heavenly Chocolate & Toffee Treat Box, Seriously Fruity Treat Box and Tea-Time Favourites Treat Box for just £19.99. We deliver direct to your door.