Lavender Shortbread Recipe
Bring a little bit of Summer to dreary a January with our delicious buttery lavender shortbread recipe...
You will need: x1 large mixing bowl, x3 baking trays, a sieve, rolling pin, cling film and a couple of wire racks for cooling.
175g unsalted butter, softened and cubed
90g golden caster sugar
20g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp lavender (you can use fresh or dried)
225g plain flour
Pinch of salt.
- Lightly grease the 3 baking trays.
- Beat the lavender into the butter until combined.
- Add the sugars and cream until light and fluffy.
- Sieve in the flour and bring the mixture together.
- Lightly kneed into dough and then wrap in cling film. Chill for approx 1hr.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C/Gas Mark 3.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to approx 1cm thickness.
- Cut into the desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Alternatively you can roll the dough into a large sausage and cut into slices.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 15-20mins until the edges are pale and golden in colour.
- Leave to cool in the trays for 5mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with a pot of tea.
For more delicious shortbread treats why not try our Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake or decadent Caramel Shortcake? No baking required!