Gluten-Free, Fairtrade Chocolate & Banana Muffins
Why not celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight and make something good for you and the world... we love these gluten-free Fairtrade Chocolate & Banana Muffins! The perfect snack to fill the gap.
- 150g Softened Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 1Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 Fairtrade Bananas
- 2Tbsp Fairtrade Cocoa Powder
- 1Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 150g Gluten-Free Plain White Flour
- 6Tbsp Milk
- 100g Fairtrade Plain Chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 Level Tsp Xanthan Gum
1. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together with a wooden spoon.
2. Slowly mix in the eggs.
3. Mash the banana and add to the mixture.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients and the milk. Now add the chocolate. The mixture should be quite loose.
5. Divide between muffin cases or a greased muffin tin (two generous teaspoons in each).
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c/375f/Gas 5 for 15-20 minutes. Use a cocktail stick to test it – if the stick comes out with mixture stuck to it, the cakes aren’t ready yet.