Check out our 'Gluten & Egg Free Matcha & Choc Cupcake' recipe by our talented production team which has reached the final stage in the National Cupcake Championship 2016, hooray! The finals will be held on September 14th.
Although we don’t bake and sell this cupcake recipe, why not check out some other fabulous cupcakes... Chocolate Ecstasy, Chocolate & Orange and Lemon Meringue or have some fun and make and bake this recipe at home.
Gluten & Egg Free Matcha & Choc Cupcake
Ingredients (makes approx 10 cupcakes)
300g Rice Flour
100g Cocoa Powder
200g Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
50g Vegetable Oil
10tsp Gluten-Free Chocolate Spread
200g Unsalted Butter
200g Icing Sugar
2 Heap Teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
2 Piping Bags
2 Star Nozzles
Cupcake Cases x 10
Cupcake Baking Tin
Mixing Bowl & Wooden Spoon
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Line a cupcake baking tin with 10 cupcake cases.
- Place milk and oil in a mixer or a bowl and mix until all thoroughly mixed together. Add dry ingredients and then mix together further.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcakes cases and add a drop of gluten free chocolate spread on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the butterbean, beat butter in the mixer or in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth then add icing sugar. Beat the butter cream until combined and fluffy.
- Divided the butter cream in half and add 2tsp matcha powder in one half. This will create two different butter creams to pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Use each piping bag with a star nozzle to decorate each cupcake. Piping the matcha green tea cream and white cream alternately in a circular motion to create a separate flavor layer of butter cream.
- Use mint leaves for decoration.
- If you prefer a strong matcha green tea colour and flavor, just a use a bit more.
- Why not sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of the butter cream for an extra choc fix!