Cupid’s Chocolate & Champagne Truffles
You don't get more romantic than these Chocolate Champagne Truffles. Ideal for a cosy, candle lit dinner this Valentine's Day...
- 200g good quality milk chocolate
- 250g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 375ml double cream
- 3 tbsp Champagne
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Chopped nuts/desiccated coconut/edible gold glitter to decorate (optional)
You will need: x1 9x5in tin, clingfilm, x1 heavy base sauce pan, and a heatproof mixing bowl.
- Line the tin with cling film and set aside.
- Finely chop the milk and dark chocolates and stir together in the heat proof mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream over a medium heat until boiling, and pour half the liquid over the chocolate.
- Leave to melt for a minute before mixing with an electric whisk. Add the remaining cream and continue to mix until smooth and glossy in appearance.
- Stir in the Champagne and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and chill for 3hrs or until set.
- Once set use a teaspoon or melon baller to scoop out and shape the truffles.
- Gently roll the truffles in cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts/coconut or edible gold glitter for a real decadent touch this Valentine’s day.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Looking for the perfect gift for your foodie Valentine? Then spoil them with one of our naughty but oh so nice Treat Boxes at only £19.99