Chocolate Biscuit Bites
You will need:- x1 saucepan, x1 heatproof bowl, x2 mixing bowls, sieve, electric whisk, baking tray and greaseproof paper.
- 120g good quality dark chocolate (use milk chocolate if you prefer a less intense flavour)
- 150g plain flour
- 30g coco powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 75g light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 free-range egg, cold from the fridge
- 300g dark chocolate chips
- Icing sugar to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3, lightly grease the baking tray and line with paper.
- On the hob, gently bring a half filled saucepan of water to a simmer. Break the 125g/4oz dark chocolate into pieces and place into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted.
- In a mixing bowl sieve and mix together the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in the melted chocolate.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and gradually beat in the dry mixture until a smooth mixture is formed. Lastly stir in the chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
- Scoop out bite sized portions of the mixture and place onto the baking tray. You can use the bottom of a glass to slightly flatten and shape the mixture. Tip - Wet the glass to stop it sticking to the mixture.
- Bake for 18mins or until a skewer comes out clean and dry.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack.
- To decorate - make a paper stencil of a heart. Once the biscuits have cooled, place the heart on top the biscuits and dust with icing sugar.
Short for time? Then why not try our delicious choc chip cookie bites available to order straight to your door.