Cinnamon Spiced Apple & Carrot Muffins
You will need: x2 mixing bowls, 12 hole muffin tin plus paper cases for lining, a grater, sieve and wire rack for cooling.
For the muffins:-
- 90g finely grated carrots
- 85g cooking apples
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 120g soft light brown sugar
- 75ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Free range eggs
- 120g self-raising four
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp rolled oats (optional)
Makes 12 Muffins
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 170°C and line the 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a mixing bowl grate the carrots and apples and add the cinnamon, sugar, salt, oil, eggs, lemon zest and juice, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and gradually stir in the carrot mixture to form smooth, lump free a batter.
- Divide evenly between the muffin cases and then scatter over the oats. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the sponge springs back when touched.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the muffin tin for 5 mins, before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Serve whilst fresh, or store for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
No time to bake at home? Then why not order a box (or two) of our delicious muffins and have them delivered straight to your door in no time. No fuss, no mess!