Chocolaty Rocky Road Biscuit Bites
Whip up these tasty treats in no time, and share with friends and family during cold winter nights in...
You will need: x1 large saucepan, rolling pin, x1 freezer bag, a measuring jug, 24cm / 9 inch square tin or foil tray, baking spatula and a sugar duster
- 115 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
- 250 grams good quality dark chocolate pieces
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200 grams rich tea/digestive/ginger nut biscuits. Choose your favourite
- 100 grams mini marshmallows
- 50g malteaser
- 50g dried mixed fruit
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar or cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Gently melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in the saucepan over a low to medium heat.
- Remove 125ml of the mixture and put aside
- Put your chosen flavour of biscuit plus the malteasers into a freezer bag and then bash them with the rolling pin. Do not bash into crumbs as you will want some larger pieces to give the crunchy texture to the bites.
- Fold the biscuit pieces into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows and dried fruit.
- Pour into the tin smooth out the surface. Add the reserved 125ml of chocolate mixture and smooth the top.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once chilled cut into bite sized pieces and dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder.
If you like Rocky Road, try our delicious decadent chocolate tiffin, available to buy now.