Chocolate Brownie Recipe | Sugar ‘n’ Spice
We’d like to share with you this delicious brownie recipe. Escape from the busy day-to-day routine and enjoy your weekend with a slice of brownie and a cup of tea or coffee.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter, (very soft)
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs, (beaten)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 60g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 15cm square brownie tin or baking tin
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Break up the dark chocolate. Put into a heatproof bowl and melt gently in a saucepan over simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool until needed.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of a food mixer and beat until fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla essence.
- Spoon the cooled melted chocolate onto the mixture then mix in thoroughly. Sift the flour and cocoa powder onto the mixture and gently stir in.
- When completely combined, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the heated oven for about 20 mins until the chocolate brownies are firm to the touch but still a bit fudgy. The chocolate will continue to cook slightly for a few mins after coming out of the oven.
- Remove the tin from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Leave the chocolate brownies to cool completely before cutting into pieces. Store the brownies in an airtight container and eat within 4 days.
It’s definitely worth trying our delicious and indulgent readily available Chocolate Brownie slice, and we also have a scrumptious gluten-free Chocolate Brownie slice in stock too. They’re both available for delivery to your door.