Apple tarte tatin recipe | Sugar’n’Spice
To beat any winter blues we are sharing this sweet treat winter warmer - Apple Tarte Tatin home-bake recipe. A perfect baked treat to share with family and friends.
- 4-6 apples, peeled, cored and quarted
- 150g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150g flour
- 2 egg yolks
- Pre-heat the oven to 200º C.
- First make the pastry. Combine the flour, 100g of the sugar and 100g of the butter together in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and combine until your pastry cleans the bowl. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 mins.
- Heat the remaining butter in an ovenproof frying pan add the remaining sugar. When the butter and sugar has melted, add the lemon juice and apples. Coat the apples evenly in the syrup and then carefully arrange in the pan, cut side up.
- Roll out the pastry to cover the apples, trimming off any extra pastry that hangs over the side of the pan. Prick with a knife 2 or 3 times, place in the oven and bake for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, reduce the heat to 170º C and bake for another 20 mins. Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edge and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- To serve, turn over carefully onto a serving plate. If any pieces of apple remain in the pan, gently replace them onto the tart. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
We bake a range of scrumptious cake slices that are readily available for delivery direct to your door and perfect for stocking up for those winter months. You don’t want to miss out on these: Decadent Chocolate Tiffin, Delicious Caramel Shortcake and Indulgent Chocolate Brownie.